For young research scientists interested in learning, networking, and advancing their careers
ASIP NextGen Path Central is dedicated to providing the next generation of pathology leaders in clinical and biomedical research with cutting edge resources for career development. The site will be regularly updated with the latest articles, videos and tools on a variety of topics ranging from professional development, publishing, leadership and much more!
Meet the Editors
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Harvard Medical School
Tufts University School of Graduate Biomedical Studies
45+ College Scholarships for Minority Students
This resource is published by Purdue Global and shares more than 45 financial aid scholarships for future and current students, as well as graduate students, to supplement the cost of their education or professional development endeavors.
The page outlines information on where to find scholarships and grants, as well as organizes opportunities dedicated to specific demographics, including African Americans, Asian Americans, Latinx students, and several others. The featured scholarships are current and provided by trusted organizations. We constantly update the page to ensure students can apply to the most accurate opportunities available.
- Giving Tuesday is Tomorrow! Together We Give!This has been a difficult year for everyone—especially those who are experiencing isolation due to COVID-19. Many people are desperate for connection, […]
- Want to attend #ASIP2022 at #ExpBio but don’t know how to ask?Simply copy and paste the template below and send to your supervisor You fill in the yellow highlights! Hello [AMAZING P.I.], This […]
- PISA2021 Recap – Oh What A Conference!This year’s ASIP Annual Meeting, known as PISA (that’s ASIP backwards!) – Pathobiology for Investigators, Students, and Academicians – was held virtually from October 5-7 2021.
- Lessons LearnedHave you ever been told the same thing multiple times but when you really need to remember that information you suddenly have amnesia? […]
- 7 Steps Toward Looking and Feeling Better Than EverImage via Pexels 7 Steps Toward Looking and Feeling Better Than Ever Are you looking to make some changes? Are you ready […]
- Young Investigator Keynote Seminar SeriesThe ASIP Young Investigator Keynote Seminar Series is a virtual forum for trainee members of the ASIP to showcase their research through […]
- How Graduates Can Build Their Careers When Working From HomeIt’s a difficult time to be a recent college graduate. A global pandemic is a challenging period to be starting a career, […]
- Dr. Cecelia Yates Receives the Emerging Innovator Award from the University of PittsburghCongratulations to Dr. Cecelia Yates for receiving the Emerging Innovator Award from the University of Pittsburgh Innovation Institute. The Innovation Institute established […]
- ASIP Faculty Scholar AwardsJunior Faculty Scholar Awards are offered to promote the participation of early career investigators in scientific meetings and conferences. These awards recognize […]
- ASIP Trainee Scholar AwardsA. D. Sobel – ASIP Education Fund Awards Kui CuiBoston Children’s HospitalHarvard Medical School Evan DelgadoUniversity of Pittsburgh Shyanne Page-HefleyTexas Tech University […]
- Women in Pathology Leadership Development Event!Confident leadership requires time and self-reflection about one’s current strengths, as well as areas for development. Putting energy and intention toward developing […]
- When was the last time you upgraded your skill set?A new opportunity for ASIP members brought to you from theCommittee for Career Development and Diversity and the Education Committee Mentorship is […]
- Member Benefit: 20% Discount on BooksDid you know that ASIP members can shop at us.elsevierhealth.com and use ASIP20 at checkout to redeem a 20% discount on all […]
- NextGen Path Central Archive
- What to read if you’re a scientistIt’s 2021 and if you’re anything like me and enjoy setting New Year’s Resolutions, then you might have “Read more books” on […]
- Navigating Implicit BiasFebruary 24, 2021 10:00 AM Wednesday, Pacific Time 12:00 PM Central Standard Time 1:00 PM Eastern Time To do before the session: Take the […]
- Zoom Backgrounds for #ASIP2021 at #ExpBioWe are getting excited for our #ASIP2021 at #ExpBio Interactive and Virtual Conference. Here are a few logos and backgrounds to upload […]
- Before applying for your dream science job, Google thyselfBy Adam Ruben Original source Earlier this month, a professor took to Twitter with a request. She wrote, “Dear Academics on the […]
- Troubleshooting Productivity As A PhD Student During The PandemicKlotho is a membrane enzyme that is associated with life expectancy. The protein takes its name from one of the three Fates, […]
- #PISA2020 Day 5Program Yesterday was another full day of science, mentoring, and networking at PISA 2020. With Day 4 of the meeting in the […]